Bass Fall College returns on Thursday, July 14, with FIU’s annual Summer months Fest live performance! This yr, Adventure Club, Wüki B2B JSTJR and Ship Wrek will take the stage in Good deal 5 subsequent to the Wertheim Undertaking Arts Middle (WPAC). The function is absolutely free for college students and open up to anybody 18 and up those who are not learners might purchase tickets on a first-come-to start with-provide foundation.
As you plan for Summer season Fest – and FIU’s fascinating lineup of Slide social situations – get a second to overview some vital tips to preserve you harmless and healthful, presented by FIU Student Wellness and Wellness and the FIU Police Division (FIUPD).
- Remain hydrated – with water. It’s July in Miami, so it’s certain to be Warm. Plus, you will probable be dancing or undertaking a large amount of walking. So remember to consume drinking water during the day. You can also incorporate athletics drinks to replenish electrolytes misplaced in sweat.
- Go with a mate, and remain with each other all through the function. In advance of the function, concur on a safe and sound area to satisfy really should you turn out to be separated.
- Really do not overlook to prepare a harmless way to get dwelling, whether or not by designating a driver amongst your team or calling for an Uber or Lyft.
- Be conscious of what you are placing into your physique. Mixing liquor with other substances can compound their outcomes in a way that may possibly consequence in harm or dying. As a reminder: (1) FIU complies with all community, condition and federal laws, including the minimum consuming age of 21, and (2) the use of illicit medicine and the abuse of alcoholic beverages are strictly prohibited on FIU’s campuses, for each the Drug-Free Educational facilities and Communities Act amendments of 1989.
- If you, a good friend or any person else is not sensation very well, Find Assist. Per the university’s Scholar Perform and Honor Code, pupils will not be billed if they find unexpected emergency health care support for on their own or another particular person associated in an alcoholic beverages-associated or a drug-relevant incident, provided that they stay with the man or woman in need to have of aid right up until emergency solutions arrive and they total the suitable academic intervention for the incident as identified by FIU Scholar Conduct and Academic Integrity. Browse the complete policy.
“We want all individuals who show up at to take pleasure in on their own and have a fantastic time. Our precedence is the protection of all included. FIU will do our part, but we need to have you to do yours. In addition to becoming clever with your personal choices, we need you to permit us know if you see a thing that appears to be like relating to, or if you see an individual who may well require assistance,” said FIU Law enforcement Chief Alexander Casas.
FIUPD’s crisis range is 305-348-5911 – software it into your cellphone now if you have not carried out so previously.
See you at #BassDropUniversity, Panthers!